Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Proposal

 As most of you know Anthony and I got engaged this past Wednesday! Yay! Here's the scoop on how he did it...
 Earlier this week he asked me if I wanted to go on a date with him on Wednesday. I had my suspicions because we usually don't really make plans till about 10 minutes before we actually do something. BUT! My roommates had me totally convinced that he wasn't going to ask me till after the break.
 So he picked me up after his class Wednesday night. (He has class till 6:45 on Monday and Wednesday... yuck!) He took me to New Fongs, a local Chinese restaurant. We got a TON of food- I'm still eating the leftovers- and it was really yummy! Afterwards he told me that he wanted to go for a walk, so we drove to a place where we go often. 
There is a paved pathway following a river with a tree at the end that we carved our initials into.
 As we came to the end of the trail there were tons of candles and a blanket set up for us around the tree. I asked him what was going on and his reply was, "I don't know..." with the biggest smile on his face. We sat on the tree for a little bit talking and he started saying sweet things to me like how he wants to spend forever with me and h0w much he loves me. He got down on one knee and right when he did I started crying. He said more sweet things and then asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes! 
 He gave the most beautiful ring and we picked up one of the candles to look at it more closely but what we didn't realize was that we were pouring melted wax all over our clothes! It was funny. 
 We walked back to the car and there were a dozen red roses in the front seat waiting for me! They were beautiful! 
 Then we went back to my apartment to drop off the roses and to show off my new ring to my roommates! 
 After we left we went to the tennis courts at Porter Park (this is where he got my number last fall semester) and we bundled up in blankets and toasted with some sparkling cider and paper cups!  
 He did such a great job! I am so blessed to have him in my life. I am excited to be able to spend forever with him and I am looking forward to getting to know him better. I love you Anthony! 

 Thanks to everyone who helped make this night so special! Y'all are great!  

5 comments:

Bill said...

Ali,

This is Awsome!
So Glad you also have this blog,
Keep it up. We love you !!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Alison. I'm way excited for you!

Grammy said...

Dear Alison and Anthony:

Congratulations on your engagement! It's nice to read how you are building memories beginning right now with a great proposal story. Good job, Anthony!

Best wishes to the two of you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Aunty Peggy (Samoa Apia Mission)

Lorelei said...

Anthony and Alison,
Congrats you guys! Dad and I are excited for you. Alison, we think the world of you and are excited to have you in our family! Anthony, I'm glad to see that you found some romantic blood somewhere, lol!!! Dad and I love you both, we'll see ya soon!!!
Love, Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

Alison,
That was beautiful. I almost just cried. I am so happy for you both! And I can't wait to meet you, Anthony! Hope to see you guys over Christmas!

Christie Lillard